Blog

How Do I Build Muscle & Burn Fat – Getting Started

Hey Folks,

I just got back from a rather extend lay off after the New Year. Between family time, business travels and that ever lonving cold/flu bug, I was out of the gym and off the diet a little longer than expected.

That said, I am getting back into my routine slowly and, since I have some fat to lose and muscle to put back on, I thought some of you might be interested in what some of the methods are that I use when getting back in the saddle.

If you are asking yourself “How do I put on muscle and lose fat”, especially if you have been out of the gym for a long time (or even forever), you might be interested in this latest video I did.

How Do I Build Muscle & Burn Fat

Remember to click on a like button, leave a comment or post it over to a friend. I look forward to talking to you in the next one.

Best,
Sebastian

Be Sociable, Share!
  • more How Do I Build Muscle & Burn Fat   Getting Started

Comments

comments

Posted on: 10 Comments

10 Responses

1. Bruce Nelkin says:

The real secret is there is NO secret at all!
    Just go to the gym and work out, walk or run on your own street, the woods, beach or wherever you find yourself right now. Just do something. Most pills don’t work and pro drugs are dangerous so don’t bother unless you are being monitored by a doctor every day.

It is as simple as just making the effort on an ongoing basis. Start small and work your way to bigger sets and reps as you can handle them.

Eat less, workout more.

Bruce

2. Travis says:

Funny that you email came cause I have been slacking huge. Not just the last 8 months but pretty much the last 6 years. I lost any and all motivation and desire to go tothe gym. I started to go back about a year and a half ago but than stopped again. Its hard to go when you hate the gym. I gotta find someday to go back. I need to put muscle back on and loose the loads of fat I gained. I could stand to loose 100 pounds sad to say. I use to power lift but….well I just lost it all and started hating the gym. Fingers crossed I can get back, enjoy it and loose weight and put muscle back on. Here’s to hoping

3. Rich smith says:

Illwork Along with you bro…..perfect timing too since Im going to tighten up too

Too many cookies And pizza lately

4. Daniel A. Dembinski says:

Hey I like the dierect approuch it nice to the point. Are you going to follow up with a film on dieting ? I think that would be a nice touch. Over all outstanding.
    Daniel A Dembinski

5. ken says:

got to bite the bullet and just start a workout

6. Cam says:

G’day mate. Good to see you back into it. I only stopped for a week over Christmas etc. I like to read your tips. For me, magnesium, iodine, and vitamin D suppliments play an important role in my routine. It would be interesting to here your thoughts on that.

7. Cam says:

8. Julian says:

I started my workout plan in January, looking forward to seeing your progress and updates on your routine! The best of your tips I’ve found is the data recording of all the sets, reps and weights that I do. I have been graphing out my progress over the weeks and it is a great motivation to see improvements empirically as the mind can deceive on visual inspection. I bought a set of weighing scales and a tape measure too and plan to add these measures to the set of statistics that I’m recording.

9. is always hard to do both these things together, I find the best thing is to focus on one goal and train as hard as you can towards that. for example if you want to lose fat and gain muscle you are much more likely to achieve this goal if you do 6 weeks fat loss followed by 6 weeks muscle gain rather then 12 weeks of both.